Wednesday 13 July 2016

Mini Trio

Hi my dear ones!
Dropping in today to share these 3 little canvases that I created a while ago.
For me, they are really quite small - 10x10 cm. (which is about 4 inches) - and if you know me by now, you probably heard me saying how much I admire other artists creating tiny forms. I myself prefer large surfaces. But I also like to challenge myself. ;)
So here are the results of this self-imposed challenge of mine. I wanted to see how much I can squeeze in onto these little ones. ;)



You gotta love mixed media... It's such a great artistic field - it welcomes everything - countless techniques and the craziest ideas, it graciously forgives any mistakes (if such at all exist) and allows us to spread our wings any way we want.
All you need to do is to let go and simply have fun. And so I did. :)



As often the case in my creative process - I simply grabbed whatever was near me on my art table, arranged the compositions and added a little bit of color creating a different mood on each of these canvases.
I sprayed with Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays, painted with my Metallique Art Alchemy acrylic paints and - as usual - added strong tea infusion stains for a more vintage feel.


My trusty Mechanicals are always on my desk. Them + any little trinkets that I had at hand (wire, decorative  pins, lace, paper flowers) - all the embellishments were filled and completed with Art Ingredients that I think are perfect for any small sized artwork in which every detail counts - Micro Beads, Glass Beads and of course a pinch of  Glitter for that delicate sparkly touch.


Below you will find links to the products I used and I hope you will feel tempted to have a little artsy fun. :)
Don't forget to share your creations with us in our Finnabair & Friends Open Studio facebook group!



PS. We keep getting such wonderful creative entries to the Denim Journal challenge and we can't wait to see more! ;)
You still have time to join the fun till July 20th. There are 2 journals to be won so don't hestitate!


Hugs to you all and happy creating!
xx


5 comments:

Kiss my Paper Trimmer! said...

Loving these minis!! What a great idea!

Heather said...

These are fabulous and would be great keepsake gifts. Keep challenging yourself. :)

corinne de france MARCH said...

beautiful
corinne

Wilma said...

Love love the mini's. Thanks for the inspiration.... again ;-)

Asas à imaginação said...

Charming minis.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...